.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Flarenomena

          This time I made a sword which concept is from someone else. It is called Flarenomena. From the looks, the main sword is powered by the space-attached blade. It also has one eye which makes the sword looks alive. The sword itself is powered by the power of fire which means the sword is a fire type. Well, that's how I can subcribe.

Credit: Shinagi


          For making it, I used Blender, Yafaray, and GIMP. For the Blender, it is used for drawing the vertices manually in Edit Mode. I make it as 2D flat mesh. After finished that step, I extrude at some level for different level of extrude. After that, I added material for color to make me easier to identify the color when I materialize it again in Yafaray. 
          For the Yafaray plugin in Blender, I used the material previously attached when using the Blender. All of the material, I set it to the glossy to make it more metalic, even the result was not metalic when I rendered it. I tried it with other material but the result is not as accurate as the picture concept when I rendered it. After I had done the final rendering, I saved it.
          For the GIMP, I used the rendered result to create the flame effect and the flame border. I use the brush with red color first with not full transparency and then I added some yellow. After that, I smudged it to make it more flame-like. After I finished it, I added the border.
          Well, that is how I finished the Flarenomena sword model using software and plugin combination. It is not perfect, but I tried as accurate and best as I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment